Overview: See Changelog
- Commercial (version 1.1p3), FW4Pro/Express:
- (Functions correctly so far in FW5)
- Suite Update / Suspension of Current Version:
- I am committed to providing a product as high-quality as possible. Possibility of 'purchase' of current Mootools Suite is until release of its replacement, 'suiteFX'. Please use the full, unrestricted copy of Mootools Suite below with my compliements.
- Development is proceeding nicely on the 'suiteFX'. Teaser information should be expected in the future. Public notices/links will be posted here or on the main page. Limited beta testing is proceeding with those that have signed up (see the beta section at the bottom of this page)
- Mootols Full, Unrestricted Version
Presented as Freeware until replacement is released
- Freeway 5:
- -Scriptaculous Actions: A bullet-point for FW5 notes the inclusion of Scriptaculous Actions. Fundamentally, these are incompatible with the Mootools Suite. To have the Suite and these other Actions play nice, you must avoid using an 'effect' (i.e. 'fade' or 'pulsate') in any of the 'xxx.FX' Actions that ship with FW. Work is being done to make the Suite integrate seamlessly into FW5 and its new Actions (at the very least alert the user during the design phase).
- -Since this mutual exclusivity exists, I have reduced the price of the Mootools Suite while development towards better integration with the shipping Freeway 5 package takes place. Enjoy.
- To Freeway Users:
- You will recognize an Action as a 'plugin' for Freeway. This behaves and is controlled like any other Action within the application.
- To General Visitors:
- This is a plugin (aka 'Action') for a specific piece of software. I am in no way trying to 'sell' the open-source libraries as my own. Rather, as noted, this plugin is a mechanism to modify, apply and 'feed' the scripts on a web page. Sorry for any confusion to the contrary.
- Want Documentation?: mootools Suite Manual (333.20 K)
- Want a sample file to help with understanding Accordion layouts and how to make pages collapse?: Accordion Sample File (741.95 K) FW5Pro (You may receive notification about missing resources. This is expected when moving FW files that generate external files like this between computers)
- Want to see what's coming next? beta Showcase Page(The behaviors throughout this site actually use the most recent internal build)
moo: Accordion (formerly: Show/Hide Text block)
In fact, this and all the detail sections on this page use this Action for their functionality.
In short, this Action takes an html block and adds the necessary JS to the page to allow the block to grow/bounce and have the neat accordion effect in the browser.
*Notice the nested moo:Accordion in the moo:Slimbox detail section below. The 'leaf' grows to accommodate it's content size change, be it nested accordions or a simple text size change.
Ability to 'Remember State' via a cookie (optional), so returning users will have accordions opened the same as when they visited previously.
This Action is relatively unchanged from the previous standalone version. So all the previous examples still apply (*mostly*):
- See Table Sample Page
- See Documentation Page (Basic application and operation)
- Quick/Simple Directions
- Advanced Examples Page
- See Development Test Page (upcoming features and applications)
- See Quick Samples Page (moo.js Accordion with all types of Action content)
moo: Slimbox (formerly Lightbox)
Adds coding required for Lightbox style popup (actually using Lightbox clone: Slimbox).
Uses the open-source library found at: http://www.digitalia.be/software/slimbox (MIT license)
- Ability to automatically resize pictures that are too large
- Themes are supported and major customizations can be accomplished through CSS styling
- 'Use Source Image' option takes the file source image and uses that as the lightbox output. Updates with changes to image and source. Great for easy links from thumbnails to larger image.
moo: Lightbox/Slimbox Modifiers:
- Custom 'Image' # 'of' # syntax. Not tied to just English anymore.
- Themes - Like the one displayed with the above link.
- Options can be overridden like page background color.
- Plan to include options to modify the non-JS, Action-generated html galleries
- Close This Accordion
moo: Effect on Load
See Example Page
Adds ability to define and cause 'effects on load', as the name would suggest. Currently supports one onLoad event, but Fading and sliding in are possible. I may add more effects 'slots' to each instance of the Action to allow for more features and operations.
For instance: This action will allow the designer to 'set' an item or container to be invisible until it is fully loaded into the browser. Want your navigation bar to appear as one block instead of small image fragments? Or maybe you want items to 'load' in a specific order?
It is possible to set up those effects with this Action.
Possible extensions include setting things like mouseovers and such for items.
Note: Although the Action may be applied to all types of item, it may not have an effective result when viewed in the bowser. Additionally, effects like 'Slide' manipulate an item's margins, which will overwrite any 'designed' margins for the item.
See totally unpolished test page
See Example Page
Allows creation of sophisticated slideshow from a manually selected set of slides. Selection from a folder is also supported. Titles and Caption may be added for either source option
JonDesign's SmoothGallery (http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/ - GNU Public License v3)
In an attempt to fulfill the requirements of the GPL license, here the source of the altered SmoothGallery script/css and Action code that is used in conjunction with this library: SmoothGallery GPL Source (34.50 K) This portion of the Mootools Suite is released under this license, to transfer the original author's intentions to the final user.
A few Actions that are thrown in because they use the mootools library.
+ moo:Tips - Ability to add stylable tips to any css selectable item/class
+ moo:Smooth Scrolling to Anchors - Pages smoothly scrolls to page anchors.
+ moo:Accordion Trigger - Allows remote triggering of an Accordion from anywhere on the page.
+ moo:Add Scripts - FOR ADVANCED USERS - Used to add the JS libraries to a page without attaching a mootools effect to an object. Only the JS files are added, not any of the support images or CSS files.
+moo:Script Locator - FOR ADVANCED USERS - Allows designation of user-uploaded mootool.js file for all mootools action instances to use.
BETA TESTERS: Back to Top
Are you willing to be a BETA tester for upcoming releases and additions, willing to put up with potentially buggy Actions and report back your impressions and findings? Please use the email address at the right end of the header bar above with an appropriate message, and I will add you to a mailing list specifically for the Beta of this Action.
##There is currently no open beta, though a new major revision is just starting development with some ambitious goals for expandability and extensibility. Please still contact me if you would like to be kept up-to-date on progress.